So here it is, San Francisco vs. Baltimore on Sunday. You’re having a party or you’ve been invited to one. You have to bring something that’s good and will retain your cred, but respect your New Year’s resolution. What do you do? You try one or all of the easy recipes below and relax.
Recipe 1: Pizza Quinoa Polenta
1 tube of Quinoa Polenta
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pour the oil in a pan and heat on low.
- Cut the polenta into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the polenta in the pan and cook each side so they’re slightly golden brown.
- Turn the oven on to 350° F.
- Slice the tomatoes. Place the polenta on foil on a cookie sheet. Top each piece with a slice of tomato. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe 2: Fruit Kebabs
This is really simple.
- Step 1: Get Skewers (either wooden ones, or the steel ones that are in storage, waiting for BBQ season.
- Step 2: Cut fruit – any fruit you like into bite-sized pieces – pineapple, honeydew melon, watermelon, apples, pears, oranges
- Step 3: Skewer Fruit
- Step 4: Be Surprised at How Fast the Fruit Disappears
Recipe 3: Roasted Tomato Hummus
This is a great variation on the hummus recipe I posted months ago and a great idea for switching things up. Try it out!
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt
Two 1-pound 3-ounce cans chick-peas, drained and rinsed
2/3 cup well stirred tahini
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
1/2 cup olive oil, or to taste
1/2-1 cup roasted tomato
- Add all of the ingredients to a food a processor and blend until smooth.