Quick and Easy Snacks
1. Low-fat Yogurt with fruit or a bit of granola on top.
2. Fruit salad – Cut up a bunch of fresh fruit and drizzle it with a bit of lemon juice as a natural preservative. Keep the fruit handy in the fridge to make it easy to grab instead of chips or sweets.
3. Apple slices topped with peanut butter.
4. Dried nuts (unsalted!) and raisins mix
5. Sunflower seeds – These yummy seeds make another great portable snack. For a bit of variety, you can also mix with other nuts and seeds.
6. Dried Fruit – You can find anything from apples to pineapples dried. They make a great sweet and crunchy snack. Banana chips are also always a great option.
7. Avocado chunks – If the avocado gets very ripe and “squishy”, spread it on some whole wheat toast, just like you would butter.
8. Unsweetened Applesauce topped with sliced almonds.
9. Hard boiled eggs
10. Raw veggies and hummus and tzaziki