This easy, fresh tomato salsa is delicious on tacos, tostadas or simply served with tortilla chips. I love this stuff. Seriously, I can’t get enough of it. It’s simple yet packs a nice punch that your mouth will love. Since the heat of jalapeños varies, start with one, taste, then add more if you want it hotter. For a sweet-tangy variation, add about 1 cup diced fresh fruit, such as pineapple, mango or peach.
About 4 cups
Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups diced ripe tomatoes (3-4 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño to taste, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a medium serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper.