I found this recipe on “The Curvy Carrot” blog and tested it out. It was great. I think you could even substitute one of the quinoa cakes for a burger patty and you wouldn’t even notice!
Seriously, try this recipe. It’s great.
Quinoa Patties with Poached Eggs
Servings: 6 patties
2 cups cooked quinoa. at room temperature
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped finely, plus more for garnish
2 large shallots, finely chopped
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup whole wheat or whole grain bread crumbs, plus more if needed
Olive oil, for frying the patties (I used about 1-2 tablespoons total)
6 eggs, poached (one for each patty)
Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced, if desired
1. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, beaten eggs, salt, chives, shallot, Parmesan, and garlic, mixing well with a spatula.
2. Add the bread crumbs to the mixture and stir to mix completely.
3. Gently form six individual patties with the quinoa mixture, adding more bread crumbs if necessary. I made mine about 3-inches in diameter-feel free to make yours any size you want.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat until shimmering.
5. Add the patties (I cooked them 3 at a time due to the size of my pan), cover, and cook, about 5 minutes or so, until lightly browned on one side.
6. Uncover the patties, and flip (VERY gently) with a spatula, cooking uncovered on the opposite side for another 5 minutes or so, or until each side is browned.
7. Top each patty with some sliced Parmesan cheese and a poached egg. Garnish with sea salt, pepper, and chives. Serve immediately.